These air fryer shrimp tacos make a fun dinner with all the flavorful toppings. The whole meal comes together in less than 60 minutes.
Before the pandemic we used to take the kids out for tacos Tuesday. Who can resist those delicious, affordable one dollar tacos! Since the pandemic we started making tacos at home utilizing both the air fryer and Instant Pot. We usually rotate between chicken, fish, and shrimp depending on what I have in the fridge. I’m excited to share an easy recipe for air fryer shrimp tacos with mango salsa. We love making these during Ataulfo mango season from spring to early fall.
- Shrimp: Use either fresh for frozen shrimp. For the shrimp, I used size 26/30 which means there are 26-30 shrimp per pound. Peel and devein them.
- Paprika: I love the smokiness that paprika lends to the shrimp. Use sweet paprika for this recipe.
- Mango: my favorite mangos are champagne or Ataulfo mangoes. These sun-kissed Champagne mangoes have creamy texture, floral fragrance, and a lot sweeter than other varieties. They’re also less fibrous, making them the ideal mango for desserts, salad, and salsa.
Tips for Cooking Shrimp in the Air Fryer
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with a non-stick spray.
- Lay the shrimp in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding so they can cook consistently.
- I have the Instant Pot Duo Crisp. The cooking time might be different if you have a different air fryer. Air fry the shrimp at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes until pink and cooked through, flipping them in between.
What to Serve with Shrimp Tacos
When it comes to shrimp tacos, I love a variety of flavors and textures. My go to toppings are mango salsa, mashed avocado, pickled onion, pickled radishes, jalapenos, Tabasco sauce, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Feel free to add your favorite toppings!
The paprika and lime lent a wonderful smokiness and zesty flavor to the shrimp. They get layered in between creamy avocado, sweet mango salsa, tangy pickled radish and onion with a nice kick from the tabasco sauce and fresh lime juice. Fresh and full of flavors, these air fryer shrimp tacos will become your family favorite in no time!
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1.5 pounds pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
Pickled Radish and Pickled Onion
- 2 small radishes, thinly sliced with mandolin
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup mango flesh, diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 small avocados, seed removed and mashed
- extra cilantro for serving
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges for serving
- Tabasco sauce for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, zest, garlic, paprika, and salt. Add shrimp and toss until fully coated, then cover and let marinate in fridge 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix mango, tomatoes, and cilantro with lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the pickled juice, in a medium sauce bowl, whisk vinegar, water, and sugar until dissolved.
- Divide the pickle juice between two bowls. Add the sliced radish to one bowl and the onion to the second bowl. Let them pickle for 1 hour.
- Mash the avocado with 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- When ready to cook, spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with the olive oil spray.
- Working in batches, arrange shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket making sure they don't touch.
- Attach the air fryer lid. Press the Air Fry button and set the temperature for 375 degrees F for 2 minutes then press Start.
- Flip the shrimp after 2 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes at 375 degrees F. Finish cooking the second batch. Transfer the shrimp to a serving plate.
- Serve the shrimp in the warm tortillas with the mashed avocado, mango salsa, pickled radishes, pickled onion, cilantro, jalapenos, and Tabasco sauce with lime wedges on the side.