My cheesy, gooey baked Camembert with honey and apple is the perfect dish to spoil your loved ones for Valentine’s Day, date night, or special occasions.
I’m taking a mini-break from the Valentine’s Day dessert recipes and sharing something completely different, my cheesy, gooey baked Camembert with honey and apple. This recipe is quick and easy to make with lots of flavors that’s perfect for the cheese lovers.
- Camembert is a French cheese originating from Normandy, France. It’s made from cow’s milk and is soft ripened and creamy with an edible white rind. The brand I purchased is called Marin French Cheese, made in Marin County with an earthy flavor and subtle notes of mushroom. If you can’t find Camembert, you can substitute with brie which has similar taste and texture.
- For this recipe, I used thyme and rosemary as the main herbs and garlic as the aromatic. Feel free to substitute with your favorite herbs.
How to prepare the Camembert for baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the plastic packaging, line the wooden box with parchment paper, and place the Camembert back into the box. If your cheese doesn’t come with a wooden box, place it in a small baking dish.
- Score a deep cross or a crosshatch pattern on the top rind of the cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and extra-virgin olive oil, and insert the sliced garlic, thyme, and rosemary into the gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve it immediately while hot and gooey.
What to serve Camembert with
The baked Camembert warm and gooey right out of the oven is perfect with crackers, crusty bread, and fresh fruits like apples, pears, and berries. This recipe is effortless, fool proof, and so delicious! You can enjoy this as an appetizer or make it part of an epic cheeseboard for your special occasion.
Baked Camembert with honey and apple
- 8 oz wheel of Camembert in wooden box
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey and extra for serving
- 1/2 tbsp of thyme leaves
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 small apple for serving
- crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a small oven tray with baking paper.
- Open the cheese box and remove plastic lining wrapper. Line the base and side of cheese box with baking paper, extending paper half an inch above. Place cheese on top of baking paper.
- Score surface of cheese of cheese in a criss-cross pattern at 1/2-3/4 inch intervals.
- Push garlic slices and herbs into cuts. Drizzle oil over cheese followed by honey.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes until cheese if melted and gooey.
- Serve cheese immediately with apple, cracker, and honey.