With quite a few coffee aficonados in our family, I couldn’t be more excited when Calphalon reached out and asked if we would like to try their Temp iQ Espresso Machine. It was a resounding yes given how many espresso machines I’ve seen at the coffee houses and my unwavering curiosity about playing with one. This post has been sponsored by Calphalon. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Beyond Sweet and Savory possible. Without any further ado, let me introduce you to our newest kitchen addition.
After unboxing the machine and reading the instructions, it was a matter of minutes before I had a cup of espresso in my hands. It is that easy to use! The manual is extremely detailed offering many helpful tips if the espresso didn’t come out to your liking.
The taste of the espresso made with the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine blew me away! And that’s not an easy feat given how particular I am about my coffee. The Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine uses precise temperature and for an even extraction throughout the brew cycle and has a 15-bar Italian pump for maximum flavor extraction and café-quality coffee at home.
We have had so much fun creating lattes, cappucinos, and flat whites using the integrated steam wand that produces a dry steam for creamy froth with microfoam milk. The machine automatically pours out a single or double shot then stops so there’s no worries about having to turn the dial before the cup overflows.
Once we became comfortable with making espresso, I started experimenting with drinks, cocktails, and desserts. One of our favorite drinks thus far is a cardamom espresso hot chocolate that I created for my hubby. Coffee and hot chocolate are my hubby’s weaknesses! With the weather getting colder, it’s nice to start the morning with a glass of hot chocolate.
The complex flavor of cardamom and espresso makes this an extraordinary hot chocolate. You can drink it as is or make it a bit indulgent with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. I prefer the latter! This cardamom espresso hot chocolate is so delicious, you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
Since using the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso machine, we really appreciate the feeling of having our own barista quality coffee at home! If you love espresso, this espresso machine is a must have! The Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso machine is available at your nearest Bed Bath & Beyond.
Cardamom espresso hot chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed with the back of a knife
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup freshly brewed espresso
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving
- Shaved chocolate for serving
- A few sprigs of mint for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium-low heat.
- Add the crushed cardamom pods and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chopped chocolate and whisk until chocolate is dissolved and mixture is smooth and creamy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the hot chocolate into a large measuring cup. Stir in espresso.
- When ready to serve, divide among serving cups, top with whipped cream, and shaved chocolate. Garnish with a sprig of mint.