This 6 ingredient chocolate amaretto tart has a layer of crumbly crust and a rich truffle like interior topped with chocolate crunchy pearls. You can pull off this impressive looking tart in less than 60 minutes.
February is over and I’m a bit embarrassed to say I didn’t even post one chocolate recipe for National Chocolate Month. We did manage to celebrate with a few chocolate desserts even though they didn’t make it to the blog. Not yet anyway! People went crazy when they saw me making this tart on IG stories so here it is, my 6 ingredient chocolate amaretto tart.
For the crust, I used ground amaretto cookies, Dutch processed cocoa, and melted butter to bring everything together. The mixture is pressed into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom and baked at 350 degrees F. With only 10 minutes in the oven, you’re half way done!
While the crust cools down, I work on my filling. The filling is a combination of heavy cream and 60% dark chocolate chips, heated in a double boiler until melted and smooth. It doesn’t get easier than this! I can make this tart in my sleep. It’s true, just ask my husband!
If you don’t like dark chocolate, semi-sweet is a great alternative or a mixture of milk and dark chocolate to create a less bitter taste. The melted chocolate goes straight into the tart shell and the tart goes into the fridge for 2 hours until the filling sets.
Before you’re ready to serve, simply toss some chocolate crunchy pearls on top. It doesn’t need to be perfect. I scattered some around the edges but you can top the whole tart with them and no one will mind. I used the Valhroha chocolate crunchy pearls but you can top it with sea salt or fresh berries and it will be just as delicious.
I love how easily this chocolate amaretto tart came together in less than 60 minutes. Besides looking quite impressive, its crumbly amaretto crust with rich, creamy, truffle-like interior topped with milk chocolate crunchy pearls make for an unforgettable combination of flavors and textures.
Be prepared to stop yourself from eating the whole tart! Chocolate lovers rejoice! You’ll need this chocolate amaretto tart recipe in your arsenal.
For more chocolate inspiration, check out these recipes: chocolate cake with espresso buttercream, chocolate pudding, earl grey chocolate ice cream, earl grey chocolate souffle cake, earl grey chocolate pots de creme.
If you try this recipe, please let us know how you like it! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #beyondsweetandsavory on Instagram. We truly appreciate your feedback and incorporate them to continually improve our recipes.
Chocolate amaretto tart
- 9-inch tart pan with loose bottom
- 8 oz ground amaretto cookies
- 1/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 8 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz dark chocolate, chopped (you can also use chips)
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate crunchy pearls (or more if you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place the amaretto cookies and cocoa in bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the crackers are broken down into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Add melted butter to the cookie mixture and use a spoon to mix until everything comes together.
- Press the amaretto mixture into a 9-inch removable bottom tart pan, pressing onto the sides and the bottom. Use a straight sided measuring cup to help you pack in the crust tightly. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle shelf in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- In a double boiler, add the chocolate chips and heavy cream and stir until melted. Whisk the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cooled crust. Place in the fridge for 2 hours for the filling to set.
- When ready to serve, top the tart with chocolate crunchy pearls and cut into 8 even slices.