Packed with protein, fibers, essential vitamins and minerals, this fig chia seed smoothie is the perfect way to kickstart your day.
Last week, we started harvesting Black Mission figs from our tree. Unlike last year, we got to enjoy the figs before the garden critters. We snacked on most of them and threw some in a smoothie that we make frequently during fig season, fig chia seed smoothie. This fig chia seed smoothie is sweet with a bit of tang, filled with all kind of goodness, and makes the perfect way to kickstart your day.
I started the smoothie the night before by mixing half a tablespoon of chia seeds with coconut milk and let the mixture sit in the fridge overnight. The next morning, I blended fresh figs, Greek yogurt, a touch of honey, and the chia seed mixture until smooth. For the toppings, I added fresh dragon fruits from our garden, pomegranate seeds, toasted coconut, and cacao nibs. The topping options are endless so feel free to use whatever you like. This fig chia seed smoothie is so refreshing and packed with protein, fibers, essential vitamins and minerals.
Fig Chia Seed Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup fresh figs plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a handful of ice
- 1 cup dragon fruit, cut into bite size or balls
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao nibs
- In a glass jar, add chia seeds and coconut milk. Give it a quick stir to distribute the chia seeds. Leave it in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, add chia seed mixture, yogurt, honey, and ice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide the fig smoothie between two bowls. Top with extra figs, dragon fruit, toasted coconut, pomegranate seeds, and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.