This passion fruit mango mint margaritas with its tart, sweet, and refreshing flavor is the perfect drink to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
May kind of snuck up on me which means Cinco de Mayo is here! What do you look forward to the most for Cindo de Mayo? While I love chips, salsa, guacamole, and tacos, it’s really the margaritas that I look forward to making! This year passion fruit and mango came earlier so I’m making a large pitcher of passion fruit mango mint margaritas.
The combination of tart passion fruit, sweet mango, and mint is so refreshing. You can keep it virgin for the kids and they’ll love it or add in a generous amount of tequila and Cointreau and your margarita pitcher will be empty before you know it. I threw all the ingredients into my Vitamix and voila within minutes, I have a large pitcher of margarita for a whole crowd. This passion fruit mango mint margarita is sublime and will have you making it again and again through the summer. Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone!
If you try this recipe, please let us know how you like it! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #beyondsweetandsavory on Instagram. We truly appreciate your feedback and incorporate them to continually improve our recipes.
Passion fruit mango mint margaritas
- 2 cups Champagne mango flesh, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh passion fruit pulp, strained
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 3/4 cup Tequila blanco
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 4 cups crushed ice
Mint salt rim
- 3 tbps Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mint leaves and extra for garnish
- small passion fruit for garnish
- In a Vitamix, add the mango, passion fruit pulp, lime juice, mint, and simple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Add the tequila, Cointreau, and blend until you get a slushy consistency.
- To make the mint salt, combine mint leaves and salt in a mortar and use a pestle to pound the mixture until homogeneous.
- Moisten the rims of the glasses with a slice of lime and garnish the rims with mint salt.
- Serve the margaritas immediately garnished with fresh passion fruit pulp and a few sprigs of mint leaves.