My radicchio peach salad is a beautiful addition to any table with vibrant bursts of colors from the radicchio next to golden peaches peppered with tangy goat cheese and toasty almonds.
After a whirlwind weekend in the Bay Area to visit family that we haven’t seen in two years, it’s nice to be back home! I went crazy with the food and packed on a few pounds from too many kouign amann at b. patisserie and a fabulous dinner at State Bird Provisions. As much as we love eating out, I love getting back to our nourishing home cooked meals and refreshing salads. With stone fruit season going strong, I’m sharing a summer favorite, radicchio peach salad. Light and full of flavor, this salad makes an easy summer option.
- Peach: peach season peaks from July to August. Buy directly from farm stands or your local farmers markets. Look at the top where the stem used to be. If it’s golden or white but not green, and starting to wrinkle, that peach is ready to be eaten. I like to use freestone peaches for the salad. Freestones have pits that are easily removed, a coarser and more fibrous texture, and a richer flavor due to more time developing on the tree. If you can’t find peaches, nectarine makes a great alternative.
- Radicchio: radicchio is slightly bitter if you haven’t had them before. My two favorite types are Chiogga and Castlefranco. To prep the radicchio, remove and discard any brown or wilted leaves, then separate the leaves from the head. Toss the torn leaves in a bowl filled with cold water so they can perk up. Drain and pat them dry with paper towel when you are ready to make the salad. For larger radicchio leaves, chop them in half lengthwise, and half again.
- Goat cheese: I love the tanginess that goat cheese lends to this salad. You can also substitute with crumbled feta or gorgonzola.
Bitter and sweet play well together in this salad of radicchio and sweet peaches with the goat cheese adding some tang and the almonds lending additional texture. With only a handful ingredients, this radicchio peach salad makes the perfect summer lunch for two or scale it up to feed a crowd.
For more summer salad inspiration, check these recipes: cucumber watermelon feta salad, fig burrata salad, fig caprese salad, nectarine burrata salad, avocado Caprese salad, tomato fig peach prosciutto burrata salad.
Radicchio Peach Salad
- 1 small head of radicchio, leaves separated
- 4 ripe peaches (nectarines or apricots), sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves with tender stems, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsps honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- To make the salad dressing, in a small bowl, add olive oil, honey, and mustard. Whisk until combined.
- Combine radicchio, peaches, and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top salad with goat cheese and toasted almonds.
- Serve immediately.