This ramp ricotta baked eggs dish is easy, versatile and can be thrown together in minutes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
We love eggs! Scrambled! Vietnamese style, sunny side up with lap cheong, soy sauce, and baguette! Seven minute eggs with avocado toast! And baked! We go through about two dozens a week. One of my favorite spring egg recipes is baked eggs with ramps and homemade ricotta. If you can’t find ramps, you can substitute with other veggies like spinach, kale, or anything you fancy. I used homemade ricotta cheese, but goat cheese or feta would be a delicious alternative. The only trick to this dish is to avoid overcooking the eggs. The yolks should be soft and runny and white barely cooked. I love how quick, easy, and versatile this dish is and can be thrown together in minutes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Make sure you have a good loaf of sourdough to soak up all that goodness.
If you try this recipe, please let us know how you like it! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #beyondsweetandsavory on Instagram. We truly appreciate your feedback and incorporate them to continually improve our recipes.
Ramp ricotta baked eggs
- 8 oz ramp leaves, chopped
- 2 banana shallots, , finely sliced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium organic eggs
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Chopped chives and chive blossoms for garnish
- Sourdough toasts for serving
- Roughly chop the ramps and set aside.
- Finely slice the shallots.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the ramps and shallots and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs on top of the ramps and dot the ricotta cheese all over.
- Transfer the the frying pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the whites have set but the yolks remain runny.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top, add chopped chives and chive blossoms, and serve immediately with sourdough toasts.