Cardamom espresso hot chocolate
This cardamom espresso hot chocolate is so delicious, you’ll find yourself making it again and again. The complex flavor of cardamom and espresso makes this an extraordinary hot chocolate. You can drink it as is or make it a bit indulgent with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed with the back of a knife
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed espresso
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream for serving
- Shaved chocolate for serving
- A few sprigs of mint for garnish
In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium-low heat.
Add the crushed cardamom pods and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add in the chopped chocolate and whisk until chocolate is dissolved and mixture is smooth and creamy, about 5-7 minutes.
Remove from heat and strain the hot chocolate into a large measuring cup. Stir in espresso.
When ready to serve, divide among serving cups, top with whipped cream, and shaved chocolate. Garnish with a sprig of mint.