Harissa roasted carrots with chickpeas and labneh
Sweet, caramelized carrots with a subtle note of heat, crispy chickpeas, tangy labneh, crunchy pistachios and pomegranate arils, and refreshing mint make for a delicious, nourishing, and healthy meal.
Servings: 4 servings
Harissa roasted carrots
- 2 pounds small rainbow carrots, tops trimmed to about 1⁄2 inch, scrubbed, and skin peeled
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup labneh
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsps chopped mint leaves
- extra Filippo Berio organic extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsps Filippo Berio organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl whisk together organic extra virgin olive oil, harissa, honey, salt, and pepper. Add carrots; toss until well coated.
Transfer the carrots to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lay them in a single layer. Roast until caramelized, about 25-30 minutes, turning once during roasting.
Place the chickpeas, organic extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper on a separate oven tray and toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast, stirring halfway for 20-25 minutes, or until crisp.
Spread the labneh on a serving plate, top with roasted carrots, chickpeas, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves.
Drizzle with organic extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.