Ramp and pistachio pesto
This ramp and pistachio pesto has a beautiful garlic kick and complements anything from pasta, protein, to toast.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, finely ground
- 2 oz ramp leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil and extra for top layer
- 2 tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
Use a pestle and mortar to pound the chopped ramps into a paste.
Add the ground pistachios, olive oil, lemon juice and pound to mix together.
Mix in the Parmesan cheese.
Season with salt to taste.
Transfer the pesto to the clean lidded glass jar. Add a thin layer of olive oil to help preserve it. Store in the coldest part of your fridge for up to a week or freeze it for up to three months. Thaw when needed.