Ramp ricotta baked eggs
This ramp ricotta baked eggs dish is easy, versatile and can be thrown together in minutes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Servings: 2 servings
- 8 oz ramp leaves, chopped
- 2 banana shallots, , finely sliced
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium organic eggs
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Chopped chives and chive blossoms for garnish
- Sourdough toasts for serving
Roughly chop the ramps and set aside.
Finely slice the shallots.
Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat.
Add the ramps and shallots and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
Season with salt and pepper.
Crack the eggs on top of the ramps and dot the ricotta cheese all over.
Transfer the the frying pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the whites have set but the yolks remain runny.
Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top, add chopped chives and chive blossoms, and serve immediately with sourdough toasts.